VELIKA NEDELJA GROUP
sandstone, around 1405
On the second floor of Ptuj Castle, paintings and sculptural works from the Gothic period are on display, among which the Velika Nedelja group of sculptures St. Catherine, St. Barbara and Pieta from the Ptujska Gora sculpture workshop.
The statues were made around 1405 in a workshop that developed on the construction site of a pilgrimage church on Ptujska gora and adorned the chapel in the castle of the German Knights in Velika Nedelja. They were transferred to the Ptuj Museum after the Second World War. The saints are made of exceptional quality in the style of an international Gothic style also called beautiful or soft style.