The Otmar Majerič Legacy Exhibition depicts the life, work and times of this renowned Ormož doctor who in the 1930’s developed a sanatorium and bathing resort beside the Drava. Aimed at the cure of rheumatism, the sanatorium was established in 1927; treatment included electrotherapy, while board and lodging in twenty well furnished rooms was also provided to guests. Dr. Majerič went on to finance the building of a riverside swimming pool, which officially opened on 31st July 1932 and continued to operate until 1942.
The promotional film which Majerič made in 1935 was intended for tourists and the patients alike. A great part of the film is dedicated to the town and surroundings of Ormož, as well as the spa itself, and as such it is an excellent source of ethnographic, cultural and general information about the wider Ormož area during that era. In 1936, Dr. Majerič purchased Preddvor Castle (near Kranj) and had it refurbished as a climatic spa for the seriously ill.